Popular Posts

Friday, July 09, 2010

It's going to be hot today, so I thought I'd get the cooking out of the way first thing.
Mike, Bill, and two friends are going to an air show tomorrow, and I always cook and make a tasty picnic for them to take.
Because Mike doesn't eat gluten, and supermarket gluten free cakes are pretty nasty, I bake a sponge with gluten free flour and also coat the fried chicken with it.

My hard work today, means I shall have a day to myself tomorrow, but what to do with all those quiet hours will be an agonising decision. A couple of months ago, I resumed my family history research, but sitting at a computer for hours going through indexes isn't good for the circulation, or my eyes.

I should pick up my writing again, but can't seem to get my imagination working properly for short stories.
I've just re-edited a book I wrote last year. It began as a short story and at the last count was around 19,000 words. Occasionally I think of a snippet to help round out the characters, whilst remembering 'show don't tell', which is the most important rule of all.
I've also written a children's book that I've never done anything about. I guess I'm too lazy for all the hassle that goes with trying to get a book published these days...The thought of seeking publicity makes me want to curl up and die.
Oh well, perhaps one day my g.g.granchildren might get a kick out of reading it.

No comments: