Popular Posts

Thursday, September 13, 2007

OPINION: Get off the phone!

A few years ago, if I’d been sitting in a roomful of people playing truth and consequences, I would have vehemently denied being someone that believed in speaking her mind, let alone actually doing it.
It went against everything I learned at my mother’s knee. Nice will get your further in life than nasty… Think before you speak … And I always was and did. My lips were well and truly sealed.
I was so good at it I wouldn’t say boo to a goose. But suddenly I don’t care. It must be to do with getting old, because I can’t see why I should keep quiet if I think something is wrong, misguided, rude, or just plain silly.
It’s a whole new lease of life!

So far I’ve resisted leaning out of the car window and shrieking, GET OFF THE PHONE! When the driver of the car beside us is holding an intense conversation whilst negotiating a busy roundabout, because my better half says if I startle him, I might cause an accident, but my goodness I’m tempted, especially as there’s a whacking great fine if they’re caught doing it.

1 comment:

The British Bird. said...

At work, we play "Guess How Important (I think )I am!" By how loud cell phone users talk and what about. They cant get off the phone for a few minutes to order the coffee and pay for it.

I have a hands free ear set that automatically answers if someone calls while I am in the car but mostly its turned off, due to it always needing a charge or I dont want to be interupted.
Love you..
Your daughter.