Popular Posts

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hell, Fire and Damnation!

In the past wrong-doers were faced with hell, fire and damnation, but today’s Christian churches seem to have dropped that concept.
Before I lost faith completely I used to quite like the idea of the Buddhist religion’s belief in reincarnation, where how you live each life dictates where exactly in the animal chain [and I believe we are part of the animal chain,] you are re-born.

Last night as I watched cookery programmes on TV, I decided that if Buddhists are right, then there can be no worse punishment for some of today’s sickos, than being re-born as a lobster.
Not only are they boiled alive, but I was sickened to see a chef push a stake through a live lobster’s body in order to stop its tail curling up during its death throes when it was thrown into the pot…..Merely to make it look nicer on the plate you understand.
Yuk.

No comments: